]We are excited to have 20 spaces available for young people between the age of 18 and 21 to be a part of this year’s Club 100 and Alfie’s Army. Ideally we’re looking for novice/first time runners to enter as teams of 5- giving RUN WALES 4 teams running on Race Day. Throughout their journey the teams will receive a training programme and the full support of Run Wales and the other Alfie’s Army/Club 100 team. In addition the 20 chosen to represent Run Wales they will receive a Run Wales goodie bag including a t-shirt.
This is a great opportunity for us to widen the RUN WALES programme to a younger audience – so hopefully we can get 4 teams signed up!
THE TV SERIES
As part of the Alfie’s Army experience, TWO of the twenty teams (of 5) will be filmed as they follow their training programme for the BBC Wales television series. The other 18 teams will not appear on the main body of the TV programmes, but will be featured on race day itself. The Run Wales teams will not however feature on the programme.
Self-motivation is key to completing the challenge. This is why the 100 Club is made up of teams, not individuals – who can support each other. Alfie, James and Us will offer the tools required to take on the challenge, but only the young person can train their body and mind to complete it. Whilst 18 of the teams in the 100 Club will not be featured on the main body of the TV programme, they will receive:
• A free place in the race
• A step-by-step 16 week training plan, developed by Alfie and James Thie
• Advice on nutrition and hydration
• Updates and coaching tips
• Access to a Facebook support group where the teams can post questions to experts and race organisers, and share progress with the rest of the 100 Club. Swap advice, tips and anecdotes with the rest of the Club!
• The chance to meet Alfie at an Official Launch event, at a 10K training run, on the eve-of-the half marathon and on race day itself
• Video messages from Alfie and James to spur you on during the four month plan
• A Run Wales goodie bag if chosen to represent Run Wales.
GARETH ‘ALFIE’ THOMAS
Whilst Gareth has developed the training programme with James Thie and Run Wales, they will not be there in person to take the teams through every step of the process. You will however get the chance to meet, chat and interact with him on the following occasions:
• Official launch day
• 10K training run (approximately 4 weeks before the half marathon)
• An eve-of-the half marathon get together• Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon race day.
• Run Wales team will have access to the support of Run Activators and •
• Champions who can motivate and encourage the teams along the way.
We ask the teams to apply now via the online application form. We ask that one member of the team (the Team Captain) fills out the online application form, with their details and details of their team members.
TO BE ONE OF THE 4 TEAMS TO REPRESENT RUN WALES PLEASE ENSURE THAT ANY YOUNG PEOPLE YOU SUPPORT/ ENCOURAGE TO SIGN UP TO TICK THE BOX ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT SAYS ‘ If successful, would you be happy to register your group with Run Wales’ THIS IS IMPERATIVE TO TICK IF THEY WANT A RUN WALES TEAM PLACE.
Link to apply