We’re already aware of the benefits of running in a group, and we have over 40 registered informal and social running groups delivering fun, friendly, supportive sessions for all runners across the country. However, you may find no provision in your area and would therefore like to establish your own social running group. If so, let us support you to create your own Dolly Mixtures, First Steps, or RunWithUs
First question to ask yourself is…
Could I inspire others to run?
We believe that if you are:
- passionate about running and want to share your enjoyment with others
- part of a community organisation who see the benefits in getting people fit, active and enjoying themselves through walking, jogging, and running
- part of an athletics club, and want to make specific ‘beginner friendly’ provision for people in their area or wishing to attract potential new members
- an individual, group of friends or colleagues who see the benefits and enjoyment that running brings to your life and wish to share with others
- someone who would love to run with others
you could be the perfect person to set up a running group and share your enthusiasm and love for running with others!
We have created a guide to setting up and organising group running, and it’s available to download. To access the guide and other great benefits, we’d love for you to join the Run Wales community…