It has been a strange year for the sport however, the way that the running community of Wales responded to the challenges bought by COVID-19 has been nothing short of remarkable. As a result, there is still so much that we can celebrate. We are celebrating and, although we are celebrating in a slightly different format (for obvious reasons), we want to hear from as many of you as possible.
The 2020 Welsh Athletics Awards present a unique opportunity for the sport to honour and reward the great work of Clubs, Groups, Coaches, Leaders, Officials, Volunteers and Athletes across Wales at all levels.
Run Wales Group of the Year
Nominations should demostarte clearly why the group should be recognised. For example, the award might give recognition to:
- A group that has increased members over the last 12 months
- A group that has engaged and interacted with its members effectively throughout the year
- A group that has returned effectively to activity upon the easing of the Welsh Government restrictions
Inspirational Run Leader Award
Nominations should demonstrate clearly why the Run leader should be recognised. For example, the award might give recognition to:
- A leader that has inspired activity and motivated members effectively during 2020
- A Leader that has encouraged participation and has delivered extensively to developing both new and existing runners
Nominations for the Awards are now open! So if there is a Group or Leader that you feel deserves to be recognised then please
Note: Nominations close at midnight on 29th November with all nominations submitted electronically
Full details of the awards and full criteria for all of the awards can be found here.