*New* The Run Leader Refresher Course
Have you previously completed a run leader course, but would like some further support in your delivery? The Run Leader Refresher Workshop could be for you! Increase your knowledge & confidence through re-visiting this interactive virtual workshop! More information coming soon.
The Group Running Pack
Running is often seen as a solo sport, but more and more we’re seeing people coming together and enjoying running in a social environment with friends, colleagues or just in the community. The aim of this booklet is to inspire, support and equip you with everything you need to know about establishing your own running group.
In it you’ll find chapters on the following;
- Inspiring others to run – how to set up a social running group
- Top tips for seasonal running – group running in the summer and winter
- Guide to running kit/apparel – how to make sure you’re buying the right gear
- Posture tips and running styleguide – become a better runner
- Eat to run, run to eat – useful advice to share with your grouop
- Rest and recovery – the importance of rest and recovery
In addition to downloadable training programmes – 5K, 10K, Half Marathon distance guides and other invaluable resources required to help you
To help you plan your sessions here's a handy checklist to get you started (Word version available below), you can open this on your phone as a prompt. Run Leader Checklist