How are all our newbie runners doing? What apps are you using? Are you following a Couch to 5k programme? Does anybody have any advice, questions or stories to share? we would love to hear from you!
"The C25k is a brilliant programme to help people discover the joys of running. It offers a guided, easy to follow and very rewarding guidance. The couch to 5k apps all offer a steady progression to help people go from walking to running 5k! parkrun here we come!! the step by step programme helps runners reach their goals without overdoing it.
The great thing about the C25K is it can fit about your busy life, its three 30minutes sessions, and once you get into a routine, you will notice how good you feel after each run, not only because we all feel better for a little exercise, but because you can see progression every week."
Here is brilliant advice from one of runners who completed the Couch to 5k last year …
"To all the Llantwit Fardre ladies who took part in C25K this morning, a huge well done! Lucy and I joined this group and did the C25K last April and can honestly say it's the BEST thing I did. I love it! Here are my tips and some of the advice that was given to me when I started:
- No excuses: unless you absolutely can't make a run, then go. We live in Wales- the weather sucks, accept it. I've never regretted going on a run, no matter how cold, or wet, or dark etc it was. The feeling you get after you've done it is just awesome.
- Get your running gear ready: whether it's the night before for a morning run or in the morning before work ready to go in the evening. Put it all there and it's one less thing to make you change your mind.
- Post on the group if you'd like to run: there are often people who are free to join you at random times and are glad of the company. I hate running alone, so have tagged along with others if they've made plans.
- Enjoy it! I love being part of this running group. These ladies are my friends and running with them is always great fun.
- And if you haven't already - watch Britney runs a marathon. It's a fab film and will motivate you to keep going!!🏃♀️ (Thank you, Claire, for sharing)